What TT upgrade from tweaked Thorens TD160

I have a tweaked Thorens TD160 - birch-ply base board with Black Diamond cone feet; Dynamat on subchassis, platter and wood plinth; Herbies TT mat; RCA outputs and upgraded interconnects - which makes the TD sound pretty good. The problem is that the suspended subchassis design makes it extremely vulnerable to vibration on my rack and so I must place it in a very inconvenient location resulting in my not using it very much any more. I'd like to go back to a non-suspended design - my former Music Hall MMF5 had no problems on my rack but the MMF5 was significantly outperformed by the TD160.
The question is:
How much am I going to have to spend - new or used - to beat the TD160 and what brands/models are recommended?? I'd like to keep the cost under $1000.
Ag insider logo xs@2xjgiacalo
VTF

- too light allows mistracking by the stylus. Since HF modulations are the hardest to track, they take on a slight "tizziness" or edge as the stylus struggles to trace them cleanly.

- too heavy dulls HF's and diminishes overall dynamics. The music sounds sodden.

- just right gives HF's that are fully extended but clean, and maximum bass and dynamics.

VTA

- too high tends to reproduce HF's slightly before LF's. This gives sounds a bit of fizz or edge.

- too low tends to reproduce LF's slightly before HF's. This makes things sound dull or unexciting.

- just right gets all the frequencies of a note centered. Everything from LF to HF is coordinated with maximum punch.

VTF and VTA are inter-related. Changing one often effects the other. It can drive you nuts if you let it. Some people take that as a challenge to get it right. Others don't want the distraction and prefer to just enjoy the music the way it is. The right way is whatever way you feel most comfortable.
I lowered the VTA slightly and it sounds better; more balanced. I'm still playing with the VTF from just a little more to just a little less that the 1.5G recommended. I'll try again tomorrow since my brain needs a rest. But I can tell I'm on the right track thanks to your advice.
The best thing is to wall mount that what I did for my TD150mkII modified all foot falls and over vibrations will be no more.Robert