Dynavector XV-1s set up

Hi,

I've just got a new XV-1s and am trying to set it up using a Plinius M14, which I am using temporarily. The Plinius offers Cartridge Loads of 22, 47, 100, 470, 1k and 47k. The XV-1s' literature is very limited but gives a recommended load of "more than 30 ohms". Can anyone advise me on what setting will work best on the Plinius?

Also, how long will the XV-1s take to run-in? And, finally, any other set up tips and advice will be warmly welcomed.

Many thanks
dgob
i believe it says less that 30ohms at least that is what my Dyna XX-2 says. I would set it at 22.
Set at 100 ohms to start. You may prefer 47 but don't worry too much much about changing from the 100 ohm setting until you get around 50 hours onm the cart.
Dynavector advises an impedance loading greater than 30 ohms. I agree with the advice offered by Vetterone. I am currently running my XV-1s cartridge at a loading of 100 ohms, which sounds "right" in my system for most LPs. I have also done extensive listening with the XV-1s loaded at 50 ohms. While the differences are subtle, there is more air and sparkle at 100 ohms, whereas the 50 ohm setting tends to result in sound that is a bit closed down in the top octaves. For LPs that tend to sound bright, you might find that you prefer the 47 ohm setting.