Do It Yourself Hallographs

I'm impressed by the effects of the Shakti Hallograph Sound Field Optimizers. But there's no way I can afford to purchase a pair on my budget.

I would like to attempt to build a pair. Does anybody know the 2 wood types that are used in the reflector/diffuser array?
vilet
There is nothing special about the wood. Use whatever wood suits your fancy. Check the woodworking websites to find a color that suits your decor.
I'm not weighing in on how much the wood choices actually matter, but the inventors of the Hallographs DO state that the choice of wood matters and have not divulged the species of wood used. Reviewers say that the stands and backing brackets are birch and that the darker hardwood is ebony. Never read anyone hazard a guess as to the other hardwood. If they do use ebony, they must really believe wood choice matters because it is not easy to reliably source good quality, solid material free from cracks (at least from what our local hardwood supplier has told me in the past.)
IMO, Not disclosing the type of wood is probably just a way to protect a patent or copyrite.

If the type of wood REALLY is that important I feel sorry for those who fall prey to this type of marketing voo-doo. Should we all buy the same carpet, wood flooring and furniture to adorn our listening room so that we all have the same environment??? I think not!

I challenge anyone to listen in a blind set-up and tell me the difference.

All you are really doing is breaking up the sound wave that travels towards the first reflection point. (getting first ref point under control or eliminated is widely known to improve sound quality on several different levels I won't get into).

Build your own design with an eye towards what works in your budget.

I have no doubt that you will be just as happy with the results, if you "Think" it makes a difference.

Happy Building!