What is the best sounding DAC at $2000-$4000?

I would like to buy a DAC and I am finding it a bit confusing. I mostly use my computer as my source. I'm looking for a DAC with usb connector, very musical non-digital sounding,and portrays alot of emotion.
hottamale
Thanks Almarg, but the same thing happened. Nothing but blank pages. I have a Mac. I don't know if that has anything to do with my inability to view the pages. Also, I sent an email to Mach2Music a few months ago. After a couple of months they finally replied back but mentioned nothing about a buffer. Why didn't they say anything about it?

Again, Audioengr: How do you increase the buffer size?
The download is just a linear PDF. Check if you have Acrobat reader installed on your Mac.

Basically if the buffer is too small, it can run out of data so you will hear distortions. The bigger the buffer, the more data is cached so processor/DAC never runs out.
09-12-12: Devilboy
How do you increase the buffer size?
It should be adjustable in the Preferences or Options sub-menu of the program you are using to play the files.

Regards,
-- Al
Almarg: Thanks again but I couldn't find anything. I'm using PurMusic for playback. I went through PureMusic's menus in "preferences" and couldn't find anything about buffer size. I'm not that knowledgeable about computers and software. I don't want to be a pain here, but can someone describe it step-by-step?