Worlds best DAC

Went to CES this year to work on my transition to high Rez digital. I've heard many of the highly regarded players in my room or in others systems in the past. I'm actually very happy with my current cd based sound. As I listened to various DACS playing CD then high Rez, I was not bowled over. High rez was better, but only slightly so. The best (and most different) sound I heard happened to have one similarity. They were 2 non oversampling DACS with tube analog stages(Zanden and Ypsilon). These were without question the most natural sounding digital systems I heard at the show. They made CDsound miles ahead of high Rez. What gives?

PS: I understand the limitations of show auditions.
bflowers
Thanks Argyro,

I have not heard the Orpheus but have read about it on a few reviews. Can you comment on how it compares with Stahl-Tek Vekian Opus, or Zanden? Those are my two favorite digital sources. Thank you!
I have heard the Vekian, not the Zanden, bare in mind I do not believe in non over sampling "musical" DACS, I also know Mr. Ypsilon as I am from Greece.

The Vekian is a really really great DAC, I would have it number 2 in my list after the Orpheus! It is more "fat" sounding if you know what I mean, you would call it a bit more musical than the Orpheus I would call it a bit more colored than the Orpheus, the Heritage plays what exactly is in the disc. Both are great DACS with minor differences...

In any case enjoy your quest, you are dealing with great DACs here...
Weiss Medea plus will put most of the above to shame.

The Vekian is over priced and approaching obsolete now. Sure the Orpheus will be up there too. But that Weiss (used with a FireWire mac) is the finest & purest digital sound I know.