PS Audio PW vs. Bryston BDA-1 vs. Wyred 4 Sound

Please compare and contrast these DACs. Is there a clear leader in sonics? (The PSA PW seems to have the most versatility when the bridge etc. arrives).
gthgmg
the PS Audio Perfectwave is in no way, anything like the PS Audio DAC III including any mods that could be done to it. It is a completely different machine and shares nothing with the DAC III.

I don't think that's a good comparison.
Yes, I was a little perplexed by the responses too. The question concerned the Perfect Wave DAC vs. the Bryston, vs. the Wyred4Sound, not the older (and now discontinued) PS Audio DAC III. Since I've not heard any of the other DACs referred to except the PWD I would not even hazard a guess as to which sounds better. I will stand on my own experiences and state that I really find the PWD to have exceptional sound compared to others I've heard in my system. I'm not saying it is a contender for SOTA, (though it very well could be). I suspect that the Bryston and Wyred4Sound are good DACs, maybe even great via the reputation and the press they are getting.
Let's keep the topic of the postee in mind.

I would read all the info about the DACs you are interested in considering your needs now and in the future and the DACS flexibllity. Then either arrange to audition them in your system via a company like Music Direct, or purchase used pieces on Audiogon, listen to their merits and then sell the ones that didn't cut the mustard in your system. Sound tedious, yes, but worth all the trouble in the end.

Of course, if someone has compared the actual pieces of equipment you are intersted in their system, and you feel their opinions are legitimate, this can also be helpful in making your decision.

Hope this helps.
Steve
I can only speak for the BDA-1, It's now playing in my room.

I think the Bryston is a safe bet especially if you can find one used, the sound is very impressive with my Mac Mini and Accuphase amp giving out smooth refined music that does not sound too digital or fatiguing but still very revealing. It's also very flexible with 8 inputs. I'm not sure I would call it warm. My system is very revealing and even more so now with the Bryston.

I have not heard the PS Audio PW but it does not have BNC connectors if that matters to you but it does have HDMI I2s inputs which the Bryston does not. I'm using the BNC input with a HIFace and I'm very happy.
I do have to add that the Bryston is louder (more gain) than other dac's, I think I read somewhere 1.5-3db which seems like a lot. It's not a problem for a lot of people but it can be annoying when switching inputs on your preamp, the volume level will have to be adjusted. The Bryston does not have it's own volume control.
I think the Bryston does have volume control via the remote. I am using it right now, so I am sure it has it.