On evaluating speakers?

After reading an article in a stereo magazine on the digital recorder by Korg, I thought that it could be used as an excellent tool to audition speakers. Since it is portable and as per the article has excellent reproduction capabilities, why not use it as a familiar source in different showrooms. Any ideas?
pedrillo
I have always had a problem with demos at 'the dealers'. Many many speakers at 'the dealers' have far to few hrs. on them.---Case in point, my new Sophia 2's required at least 6 month's at near 24/7---not they sounded like they needed all this time---they just got better and better over this time. I would imagine a listener at month # 1 might have a different opinion than a listener at month #6;??
Then we have the room,already mentioned.---The unfamiliarity of everything else being used. That includes the components /cables / power cords / speaker wire/ bases/ they all matter and contribute.--(Oh, and are all the wires in this demo broken in ?)
I would guess many dealers run their stuff in and out the door pretty fast.
Player/preamp/amp as well as the cables and room accoustics will influence -- it is difficult but the idea of using the same disc is certainly a start.
Has anyone read the write-up on the Korg recorder?
It's in TAS. Though they say it cannot capture every fine detail and nuance found in the grooves of an lp it comes pretty close when played back through the Korg itself, which is done so in DSD format. According to the article DSD has much greater resolution than any other digital format, that if down loaded to a hard drive or computer and played back at 44khz, when compared to the playback through the Korg itself at the dsd resolution that the Korg sounded better by far.
For some of us vinyl play back represents the best format to use if in quest for the most accurate and musically pleasing sound in our homes. If we have taken our analog system to greater heights and are satisfied with the sound of our tt, we can hope to use that as a source when auditioning new speakers. But it would be quite difficult to carry a turntable from one show room to another, but the Korg itself is compact and weighs close to nothing. I thought maybe by capturing the magic found in the grooves onto something portable such as the Korg, that that would be an excellent way of having a familiar source any where we go including stereo show rooms.
Of course preamps and power amps play a major role, but it would be unreasonable to keep the pre and power amps the same. One reason for instance is some speakers sound better when matched to a particular amp or type of amp. But if the source is kept the same that will be one less thing that could be blamed for different listening presentations.
I hope this made things clearer.
it won't 'control' the room, which is still the 'eye of the storm' aside from the basic character of the brand itself.