Favorite moment with music in your car.

1970. I had one of Norelco’s first car cassette players. I’d connected it to 4 box speakers. Had my honey at my side, driving 8 kids up the hill to school every day. We’re in my yellow 1955 Ford Station wagon, dubbed ‘The Bus’. Music blasting, kids singing along to:
Aretha, Van, Uriah Heep, Supertramp, Beatles, Stones, Black Sabbath, Doors, etc

Please share your own.

128x1281111art

As a geologist in Southern Nevada passing through Goldfields (abandoned mining town) at sunset (on left) whizzing along up and down hills listening to Passport’s Infinity Machine on my Sennheiser headphones connected to my top of the line Sony Dolby C Walkman. 1982? Goosebumps and shivers from complete immersion into the tune. Still one of my favorite tunes.

I am afraid that most of mine included illegal and irresponsible behavior.   

spring break from College in 1971, driving down Highway 101 from Grant’s Pass, Oregon to Crescent City, California through the coastal mountains in my 1964 MGB convertible with my college roommate. It had been raining all the way from Seattle, we had camped out in Grant’s Pass, and then on our way the sun came out, i put the top down, and we were in a great mood enjoying the morning air, and on my 8 track was playing "Here Comes The Sun".

life was pretty damn good at that moment. that trip was a fine one i like to think about.

i could also mention all the vacation road trips with my kids when they were young. we always had music going and that music still grabs me as a associate it with that wonderful time. i tear up just thinking about it. and a few ’R’ rated moments in my younger days i’ll just not mention.

music can be a powerful trigger for our memories. 

1986 Transcanada Hiway - Neil Young - Old Ways cassette 1983 Camaro with a Concorde deck, Visonic amps and a mix of KEF and Madisound drivers…. I still have the cassette