little big win

I know it’s all about bass nodes and vibration control but on the side, it can also be about giving back and spreading the love (like @tomic601 does)

My neighbor has a mug-sized JBL bluetooth speaker. She listens to it everywhere and several times it occurred to me to throw it over the fence down the canyon outside the bluetooth range. It is so bad even "noise" would be offended to be associated with it. She does love music, especially jazz and live music like the Symphony and has been married to a musician for decades.

I can’t stand that speaker. So I have been looking for a pair of decent active speakers for months. I finally found one for a little over a $100, used but in decent condition. They arrived yesterday. I also bought a bluetooth speaker adapter and went over to surprise her. Of course half the connections didn’t work on the speaker so I spent an hour trying to fix it until finally I was able to squeeze some sound out. She immediately objected to where I placed them, on a cabinet, 4 feet high 5 feet apart. (She used to having those spots for books and flowers and what not) She insisted to put it on a lower shelf 2 feet high, 2 feet apart. I told her it was not an option, only after my funeral.

I told her to listen to it for a bit and accept them where they are and see if she likes the sound. It seemed fine to me, I could even sense a soundstage.

Two hours later she texted me that she meant to text me sooner but had been lost in pure joy of listening. She loves them and never heard anything like it, so captivating, in a home. (I told her that she would "notice" that she doesn’t know where the speakers are, they should disappear.)

I couldn’t be happier. I texted her back that just to be safe: "take the JBL to Goodwill tomorrow!"
The End

grislybutter

@grislybutter ....*L*  I'm suspicious that the 'wet towels' went over like the greeting for placement issues....

...but if neighbor gal gets back with "...love the sound, but the floors are starting to warp..."....

"...yeah, The Grizz was a great and generous guy, but made just one suggestion that proved his unravelling...."

...well....I'd miss you...😟

Got similar "neighbor" issues, but with a big, burly, self indulgent individual.  I haven't tried offering to rearrange his flowers to place speakers in the optimum location. Good suggestion.