Meeting up with members even where there is no sale

Hey all, 

I've been a member here for over 20 years.  I've made some local friends in the Chicago area here over the years, but it has been increasingly difficult to meet up with folks when Audiogon prevents exchange of contact information. 

I understand this when there is a sale and the site needs its commission.  But to prevent us from doing anything off the forum/site seems harsh.  

Is it accurate to say Audiogon prohibits this entirely?  

I simply wanted to help a local guy with his crossovers and binding posts.  

128x128jbhiller

I will be there today, I have a white beard, wild eyes, and a hankerin' for the (musical) truth. I will definitely be checking out your gear,     
b2colchagoff - that is a beautiful piece of work and I'd love to see more. 

Looking forward to a fun day!

I would love to attend Axpona. Just landed a new DAC and it would have been great to hear others first. The brands I was considering appear to all be there. Thought about a last minute trip but couldn’t quite pull it off. I’m in SC and attended a small show in Dallas last year but, looking at the Axpona vendor list, it paled in comparison. Maybe next year! Like the idea too of a “co-op” to listen/compare/socialize. My golf is getting so bad I need a new hobby. 😆

They (Audiogon) don't want to be held responsible for a person's demise because they decided to meet up with a stranger from Audiogon. I used to meet up with people to make purchases years ago and was heavily criticized but not anymore. Consider the amount of cash you will be carrying.to make an audiophile purchase.