New, Very Interesting CD Transport

On John Darko's website today we learn of the brand new Shanling ET3 CD Transport. And for $729 USD it looks really capable. Top loading with Philips SAA7824 drive. AES/EBU, coaxial, TOSLINK and I2S digital outputs. Plus Wifi and Bluetooth. USB to connect to a external HD and built in upsampling, too. It even will output digital to USB for connection to a DAC but not with upsampling.

Here's the skinny:

https://darko.audio/2023/06/shanlings-et3-cd-transport-comes-with-two-twists/

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcreativepart

@creativepart : that’s funny 😂😂.

Who pushes a button elven times? Total hardship! 🤯😉

Just circling back after a month with the Shanling ET3... I"m not missing the Jay's CDT2-MK3 at all. This unit sounds great and is a joy to live with.

NOTE: I'm still just using it as a CD transport. I've not attempted to use it as a streamer nor have I downloaded the App that's available for it.

On the Subject of CD sales as well as Vinyl Sales.

Both are Hard Medium Merchandise, that when purchased the Performers get a substantial remuneration as a comparative remuneration to what a Streaming Service Pays.

Nearly all Performers today, who want to have a career in crating music, are focusing on marketing their recordings on both CD and Vinyl.

For the even more privileged in the Music Industry, these Individuals or Bands, have the clout with Record Companies to not have any of their Recordings made available through a Streaming Service until 100K of of Hard Medium Sales have been realised.