New, Very Interesting CD Transport

On John Darko's website today we learn of the brand new Shanling ET3 CD Transport. And for $729 USD it looks really capable. Top loading with Philips SAA7824 drive. AES/EBU, coaxial, TOSLINK and I2S digital outputs. Plus Wifi and Bluetooth. USB to connect to a external HD and built in upsampling, too. It even will output digital to USB for connection to a DAC but not with upsampling.

Here's the skinny:

https://darko.audio/2023/06/shanlings-et3-cd-transport-comes-with-two-twists/

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcreativepart

Does the Shanling ET-3 CD transport play gaplessly?

I obviously does with my CDs, To be sure, I pulled out DSOM and it sounds great on the ET-3. No pauses inserted.

I haven't attempted to use the device as a streamer so I can only go by what others have said and as I recall they said it was gapless in all but one network format. I paid little to no attention to this, as I doubt I'd ever use this as a streamer. I bought this for it's CD playback and multitude of output choices exclusively.

A dumb question, how do you select, say track no, 12 out of 15 songs from the remote ?  Is a universal remote control with numeric keypad works with ET3? 

dumb question, how do you select, say track no, 12 out of 15 songs from the remote ?  Is a universal remote control with numeric keypad works with ET3? 

You put the CD on and listen to the 11 songs - as in listen to the entire CD. Just like LPs, you listen to the whole thing. OR, you push the FF button 11 times if you must listen to just one song on a CD.

To answer the universal remote question someone who cared about that feature enough to test out a "universal" remote would have to try it.

@creativepart : that’s funny 😂😂.

Who pushes a button elven times? Total hardship! 🤯😉