Musical subwoofer under $2000

I’m looking for advice on what vendors to look at as l’d really like to add a subwoofer to my 2 channel setup. The room is c. 30x15 feet or 42 square meters with low ceiling of about 7.5 feet or 2.2 meters. Budget is c.$2,000 and my 2 channel speakers are Sonus Faber Sonetto VIII. My amp offers pre-out connection. I’d like REL but their S range is now too expensive, so something close in musicality would be great. 

sparksgja

@saboros thank you for that input. I'm really torn between the two right now, but I think I like the Arendal better, so this helps.

I must also admit I'm tempted by the Arendal 1723 SUBWOOFER 2S at $2,500 as a one and done solution.

I would say no.  Don’t do that.  Getting two lesser subs will provide much better overall performance than one more expensive sub.  Get two cheaper Arendal, Rhythmik, or SVS subs.  And I agree that REL is overpriced relative to the highly competent competition.

@soix thanks again for your advice I'll go the cheaper route as I understand the x2 route will be better.

I have a pair of SVS SB3000’s and they are great. App allows you to dial them in to whatever you’re listening to and the are fast and responsive. I’ve used them with Monitor Gold 200’s and Cornwalls and they complement both. 

Just curious here but in these "need lower-end" subwoofer discussions I rarely see responses for Monitor Audio. I am using a Monitor Audio RSW12 in my setup which matches wonderfully with my 1.6 Magnepans! Are the Monitor Audios out of the price range or is it something else? 🤔