Phono preamp, all suggestions welcome

I currently have a well updated Linn TT with a Ortofon 2M Black which should be updated soon. This yr. I acquired a Belles Virtuoso Preamp. I need a phono preamp which is lacking in the preamp. Some of my preliminary choices for cart are Hanna SL or SH, Dynavector 10x5 or 20x2. Ortofon Quintet Im trying to stay close or lower than $1000. However, my question is which phono stage best matches my TT. Choices are Schiit Mani, Moon LV 110 V2, Pro ject tube box S2 and the Clear audio Nano. All are around $500 which is my budget. I'm inclined toward the Project because its tubed and will bring that warm sound to my system. The rest of my system is Belles Virtuoso 200wpc amp and Vandys 2CE sig. Can anyone comment on any of these phono stages or suggest others.
128x128lobinero

Check out Lounge Audio LCR III $349 , read the reviews I have one in my backroom system. Can't go wrong..

@lobinero A Phonostage to match a TT, I am not familiar with this as a approach.

I myself am a Linn TT owner and have not used it for numerous years.

I myself have plenty of opportunities for receiving Demo’s of a substantially upgraded Linn TT. Along with the Linn I have access to other BD’s, ID’s and DD TT’s where experiencing them in use is quite regular occurrences, these same TT's evolve with different Tonearms (TA) and Cart's as well as differing Phon's being  included.

I have heard these drive types become quite a attractive experience, especially producing a Sonic that is much wanted, when the selection for a TA >Cart' proves to be a exceptional choice to produce the Vinyl Replay Trilogy.

I have heard numerous Phonostages over many years and have not yet been at a Demo’ where I have come away convinced the Phono>TT is the combination to aspire to. I have always been convinced the Phon'>Cart’ is the interface where the magic is occurring and the choice of TA and Down Stream Ancillaries are what are enabling the magic to be conjured to the extent of being very much wanted.

Your TA is not made known, but if you think that your shortlist of Cart’s is a ideal interface for the TA, then all is well.

I have investigated Quintets as a rebuild option, especially the Black, and have knowledge of these as presenting as a Lucid Analytical Cart’, this can be taken to a further intensity towards this sonic if used naked.

The Nano might just reign in the Quintet a bit, at the Top End. The Clear Audio Cart’s might be a better place to look to use in conjunction with a Nano.

Might be worth asking if any of your Cart’ selection are with user reports from being used with your TA.

FYI, I have a Hana SL, which was bought as a 'act in haste repent at leisure reaction' to the Cart's launch euphoria. I did not go with my usual passed on guidance and get to hear one in use.

After a very short period of usage the SL was taken out of service, I struggled to endear myself to it, to date if has cost myself £700 for 50 - 100 hours of usage (OUCH), maybe the TA I had selected to be used could have proved to be the issue???

I bought a Donor Cart', had it Rebuilt for about 30% less in cost than the SL Cost, and this has held it own in use in comparison with Cart's up to £4K in purchase value, I would not be without it. Maybe food for thought.  

Tread Carefully and Purchase Sure Footedly

I’ve tried a few in the under $500 range and none has been as quiet and detail oriented as the iFi Zen Phono. A $2K tube EAR is only slightly better/more engaging. 

This is a rabbit hole I went down recently as well. The widely diverse responses can be bewildering!  I ended up getting lucky and finding a black ice audio f159 for under $1,000….its wrapped under our tree so I’ve yet to hear it!!!  That said it’s a tube hybrid model and some of the reviews have me salivating for her debut. 
that said, I has close to pulling the trigger on a hagerman cornet (MM) or trumpet (MC), which are tube based.   

First of all I think you should reconsider your plan to replace your 2M Black.  To wit, I am currently comparing two phono stages, C-J TEA 1 series 3 and C-J 88, both very expensive (well above those you are considering), and one of the cartridges I am leaning on heavily to do so is the 2M SE, which is the 2M mono based on the Black.  My point is the 2M Black a very fine cartridge, well suited for use with any of the phono stages you are considering, and very near tops at it's price.

Next, are any of the units you are considering offered with return privileges?  If so, I strongly recommend that you start with those.  Given that all of the ones you mentioned have good reputations it really comes down to which one sounds best to you.