High Fidelity Cables?

I’ve noticed for the past week or so, that my favorite cable manufacturer, High Fidelity Cables, is closed due to Covid.  Anyone know anything more?

louisl

hi @agisthos ,

Sorry but I can't give you the detail review between the Apparition and CT-1 UR:\he time when i give the CT-1 UR and get back the Apparition is almost 2 years so memory can't serve right, it's also extremely hard to compare Rick magnet to other product as it take sometime to magnetize the system and also sometime to take out so A/Bing not possible,the time I applied Q45T and attached CT-1 UR almost the same (1 week apart) , so here my thought :

1) The housing of Apparition is much lighter than the metal of CT-1 UR, despite alot bigger, the wire seem like the same coaxial

2) The Apparition 3D printed RCA much looser than the Pinlok of CT1-UR, but I found no trouble so far

3) Soundwise I think they are extremely  related with Apparition have more bass and mid bass presence, detail level the same, no change of sound signature, I think the Q45T have greater effect, but keep in mind that my system may not fully exloit the differents for above reason, it's just a fullranger (omega) sit in a 8 s.q.m room. almost other cables are Rick's invention though.

I have 2 pairs of Ricks new cables in xlr and they crushed my Transparent Reference XL .Cleaner sounding more bass and more punch in the mid range.

OZZY

What is the Pro formula? Is that a newer Q45t? Have not seen it out any where, where did you get it at?  What was the price?

68pete,

As I remember, according to Rick, it was a newer version that was to be used more commercially with other manufacturer equipment. He asked if I would like to try that instead of the Q 45.

Maybe that product never got developed further, I like it though.

ozzy

Ozzy

Thanks for the info, when i purchased the newer XLR interconnects from Rick he sent me a small bottle of the Q45 that had a similar but different label on it. I wonder if it is the pro stuff. Rick said it was a little different. I have not tried it yet still have a bottle of the Q 45 on hand. Will have to wipe it off the speaker cables and give the newer stuff a try.