Focal Sopra 1 Bookshelves (with subs) or Focal Kanta 2s towers instead?

I am having trouble deciding between Sopra 1 speakers and the Kanta 2 towers by Focal. I heard them both in the store using a MacIntosh 12000. I currently have a Yamaha AS-3200 amp but I will eventually be buying the MacIntosh 12000 also. All new equipment and not used.

The room these will live in is about 300 square feet... like a 13 x 26 foot shoe box design. The room is untreated and I do not plan on treating the room or using room correction software. I have no interest in that.

I love the imaging and separation of the Sopra 1s. But I also love the warmth and low mids that the Kanta 2 speakers give. If I was to get the Sopra 1s, I would get 2 REL 510 subs with it.

Any opinions, please on if I should get the Sopra 1s or Kanta 2s?

Side note: I am not considering anything else... I like Focal/McIntosh set up I heard at the store and sticking with it.

dman777

@mfili35 Here is the Focal 2s from Sound Sommelier https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYNFLI9vMiE

@jeffreyw @mfili35 I looked at the Kanta 3s and the Sopra 2s, but the Focal website gives room measurements and basically said my room was to small for them to operate at their fullest potential.

Am upgrading to towers, replacing B&W 805N with Kanta 2, using sub w/ MA 7900. integrated amp. Done!

@georgeblue9 oh wow, have you already done this yet? If so, are you happier with the towers? Do you miss the superior imaging the bookshelves have over towers?

Not yet, coming next week. Here's an article about "imaging" that might be of interest. I listened to many speakers and as close to my amp as possible. One focus for me was origin of manufacture. Focal - 100% France. B&W - UK, but only the 800 Series. Want nothing to with China 700 level and below. Listened to Sopra 2s also, amazing, too big, beyond my price point, Harbeth, ProAcs, Spendor, Fyne...Considered the B&W 804, of course, but the styling oddly is dated to me. Kanta 2 fit the quality, style, size and sound. Good luck, you can't lose with either.