jitter

I am pretty sure I understand jitter generated by streamers and/or DACs. My question  is, when a digital recording is created, can there already be jitter in the digital data itself from the ADC? If so, can this ever be corrected during playback, either by the streamer or DAC?

128x128jw944ts

@yage thank you for  this information and explanation. How then would you likely

explain repeatable "dropout"when streaming only certain HR tracks. The drop out occurs in similar places each time, and on one DAC, but not another?

In the other thread you mentioned that you were going to try a different a streamer. I also suggested trying a different digital input on the DAC. Did you ever test those situations?

Finally, can you tell if the ’glitchy’ DAC actually loses connection due to jitter? For example, on the Benchmark DAC3 B, the input light will flash if sync is lost. Does the other DAC give you some sort of indication that the connection is bad?

@yage,  the only indication would be if power is interupted...we shall see what happens with a "better" streamer....the manufacturer of the DAC in question has created a fix, which I believe increases some sort of buffer to accept higher degrees a jitter

Hopefully that fixes things. Given what you've posted, I think most signs are pointing to something going wrong on the DAC since replacing it with another DAC solves the issue.

+1 @yage....manufacturer is sending an updated model which will have an way to adjust for jitter in the input