Finding a Power Amplifier for Luxman C-900U

Hello our community, I think I might need your help to choose a Power amplifier for my system (Stereo or Mono Pow is Ok). Here is my system:

- Speaker: Magico A3 (Also in love with Sonus Faber Serafino or higher is Focal Scala)

- DAC: Mola Mola Tambaqui

- LP/Phono: Technics SP10 MkII / Audia Flight Phono

- Pre: Luxman C-900U

- Pow: At the moment, Pass Aleph 0s 

- Cable: All from Acrolink series 7N

For my taste of music: 

- Vocal (Opera, Capella, Acoustic,...); Blue; Jazz;

- Sometime instrument: String (Violin, Cello, Guitar, sometime Harp), than drum and piano;

- Sometime Orchestra

- Sometime (rare) with EDM or Rock (Just pop or slow rock, super rare heavy metal)

I really want to upgrade my Aleph 0s with some of the more modern and powerful Pow within $6000 (2nd hand is also a good option), I come up with some in my mind:
- Pass Labs XA60.5 (Roughly $5k in my country for used)

- Luxman M-800a or M-900u (I can find it $6k used imported from Japan, but I love some other combination other than M-900u)

- Parasound JC 1 (Old ver, not Plus)

- Electrocompaniet AW180, or better AW400

- Audionet Amp  

- Gato PWR 222

- Moon 860A V1 (or W8?), Trigon Monolog, Mark Levinson 431-532H, Bryston 4B3,...

Hope to receive your suggestion, I really love the Class-A design and don't mind the super hot chassis.

128x128darkknight8586

Hi @grk, I know that S1200 was released after the M1000, but don't know about the improvement. And thank for you clarification about the fan.

You are welcome @ darknight8586. Check out Terry London's review.

SPL Performer s1200 stereo amplifier by Terry London (stereotimes.com)

Also, I think that having a background in professional audio is a plus when branching out to home audio. The experience and technology gained in producing robust equipment with less noise to stand up to professional use can be transferred to home audio.

@ghdprentice 100% agree with your assessment of the M900u;

Had that amp with the C900u, on numerous occasions over the years with Dynaudio Confidence 30, Focal Sopra No2, Dynaudio Confidence 50. Bass was constipated and dry in all cases and in different rooms. Excellent detail and soundstage but my Pass Labs XA30.5 actually sounded way more engaging and enjoyable. Could have been poor speaker synergy, not sure;

Had a Pass X350.8 with the bigger Dyns and it was excellent.

I would highly recommended a Pass Labs X250.8 with Magico A3; You might also want to consider Coda; I think the Pass labs bass and midband is richer and warmer than Simaudio and have a suspicion the Moon amps will be a touch thin with the sealed magico.