Can a system sound too Holographic?

Hi friends :)

So I got a question for those interested. For me, having a 2 channel system with a Holographic soundstage is very desirable.

I bring this up because I had lent some Centerstage 2 footers ( isolation devices) to a friend to try out. To make a long story short, he likes what they are doing under his Lumin T3, however he mentioned that it might be "Too Holographic". I don't know about you guys and gals, but that wouldn't really be a problem for me. Your thoughts or experiences please. Anyone experience a soundstage that was too Holographic?

aniwolfe

@drbarney1 +1 absolutely!  Three channel recording of orchestra provides the best orchestral sound reproduction.  

A system CANNOT be too holographic...

Holograhy does not means  artificial and unnatural audio trick AT ALL...

It is an acoustic concept related to the way the acoustic recording trade-off album is  well or not so well translated in the acoustic room of the listener ( a dedicated room or a living room)...

You confused and conflated two completely different things here : the live listening of a spectator in some specific location In the theater and the location of the recording microphones trade-off...

We want what is possible and real: the specific recording choices to be perceived through our speakers/ room relation..

You want something which is impossible: the recreation of a specific listener impression in a concert...

There is no relation between a listener location in the music Hall and the recording microphones CHOICES by the engineer..

When we listen a GOOD recording the soundfield impression must be on par with the best listener possible location  but cannot be the same by acoustic definition... ( For example one mic recording technique with "Sound Liaison" company  albums  is so good that it recreate well a very good listener location in a real event)

In most live event the soundfield will be less good than on a very good recordings...

The only advantage of a live event most of the times is not the ACOUSTIC conditions, but the artist magical real presence...

@aniwolfe

I agree with your friend. A soundstage that is too holographic is not natural. Music emanating from a live soundstage is never too deep or wide.

Setting aside the technical stuff, what I hear from a system should be as close as possible to a live event.  It's live, it's real.

No amount of engineering in the studio or in a system component should make music sound any more holographic than a live event.

A recording is NEVER a live event and cannot be....

Holographic is the third acoustic property of the soundfield with differentiating imaging and variable soundstaging that TRANSLATE the recording in a REALISTIC event...

There is never too much holography, only unbalanced audio system...

We get it. You want to talk about technicals. I just want to enjoy my music as live as it can be.

To each his own, as always. Cheers!