New, Very Interesting CD Transport

On John Darko's website today we learn of the brand new Shanling ET3 CD Transport. And for $729 USD it looks really capable. Top loading with Philips SAA7824 drive. AES/EBU, coaxial, TOSLINK and I2S digital outputs. Plus Wifi and Bluetooth. USB to connect to a external HD and built in upsampling, too. It even will output digital to USB for connection to a DAC but not with upsampling.

Here's the skinny:

https://darko.audio/2023/06/shanlings-et3-cd-transport-comes-with-two-twists/

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcreativepart

HaHa....I've had the CEC TL5 for over a year....Belt drive...no jitter...Splendid and musical. A sweetheart of a top loading transport. When I teamed it up with a tubed R2R  Audio Mirror Toubadour IV I'm listening to a Live performance every night with all my favorite artists.....Sorry if some don't like it @jasonbourne......I love it !

It is good to see New Products, prior to any demo's having been received, go under the knife, I now know how this stands out against other Devices, in relation to how it can be utilised within a system.

What is yet to be understood, and possibly most contributors will never know, is how it sounds in a system, who is reporting an attraction for the sonic produced and who views the sonic produced as a repellent. This is a watch this space for future experiences being reported on.

As for the side subject, where all Transports CDP are the same and not able to show substantial differences to each other. This as a subject, making these type of statements is one I am not able to agree with, based on my own experiences.

I won't be quoting any hearsay, or using another's description as an affirmation my contribution is totally correct.

Firstly, I have been anti CD as a source in my system for many many years, CD has been close to 40 Years new when I adopted it as a Source Material.

The transition started through being loaned modified CDP's to be assessed in my own system, as well as in the system of the modifier.

This evolved to my having a CDP as a Source within my system, to the place I am now where I have a CDT>DAC in use.

The CDP's that have been is use and loaned for assessment have all been experienced in use through the DAC and a couple have been A/B Compared to the CDT > DAC as a a CDP and CDP > DAC.

The above does show I am limited in my experiences of other digital equipment, but what is has shown for myself, is that there are substantial Attractors/Repellents perceived for a set up during the time the demo's are being undertaken.

I feel very confident, that if the Shanling ET 3 has a demo' in my system and is analytically assessed when compared to the in use CDT, there will be plenty to discuss between any who is in attendance, as to where one has an attraction, or repellent. From a personal approach, the ideal outcome being a perceived repellent is not to overbearing/noticeable and is easily feathered into the perceived attractions, under the guise not all is, or will ever be perfect.       

The US dealer for the Shanling ET3 transport now has them in stock:

https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/shanling/products/shanling-et3-dedicated-digital-cd-transport

I've inquired about a tryout period with no-hassle returns. I may give it a go.

The US dealer for the Shanling ET3 transport now has them in stock:

https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/shanling/products/shanling-et3-dedicated-digital-cd-transport

Well, no. I just bought the one remaining silver version at MusicTeck, and the black one had been sold out for some time.

Can't wait to see how this pairs with my Pro-Ject DAC Box RS2. I wanted to buy the Pro-Ject CD Box RS2 T CD Transport to match but the website says it's "temporarily" unavailable in the United States. Audio Advisor has the black model in stock but not the silver version.

I was interested in this but bought the Jay’s Audio CDT2-MK3. I’m not interested in anything else now. The Jay’s is fantastic.