Describe the "new HiFi sound"?

Recently had a discussion with an audio friend over the word "musical" and what this word means to each of us with regard to sound from different amplifiers and speakers. Some debate too.  And, reading this other comment on Agon once in a while...how some equipment has the "new HiFi sound".  

ASK: 

Can someone describe this, in your words, what is the new HiFi Sound to you?  Examples? Or, opposites of the new HiFi sound, what does this sound like?

decooney

English is not my first language...

This above post of mine had too much words and is not enough clear ...Thanks for your kindness..

"Musical" in audio context refer to the more subjective components brand name and electronic design marketing experience OR to acoustic controlled experience...In one sentence it is all i said ... One use of the word , the first, is more subjective than objective when a customer evaluate it for a purchasing choice , the other useof the word in acoustic is more objective than just subjective, because acoustic rules are not purchasing rules ...

Then speaking about "musicality " can be misleading if we dont specify the context: Component experience OR room acoustic experience...

Most people in audio as customers has no idea how acoustic control can transform component... Then they use the adjective " musicality" speaking about a brand named design... It is not EVEN WRONG...It is misleading...Because component dont exist ONLY in abstract design measured electrical values...

Because"musicality" is first and last, a subjective experience in controlled acoustic objective and variable conditions OR in invariable uncontrolled acoustic conditions..

It is more clear the way i put it than just only stating that the word " musicality" is misleading adjective or worst a bad argument...Saying this is not EVEN wrong...

Because context is necessary to be meaningful.. And the word "musical" can be acoustically meaningful in acoustic controlled conditions OR can be meaningful for electronic engineer evaluating their design by industrial standards...

If the word "musical" was only a petition of principle and useless  argument as some say,  there will be no "musical" concert Hall , nor any TOP OF THE WORLD very "musical" room... There is "musical" room and "unmusical" one; and they are designed by acoustician and not by chance but by a learned craft...

My past room was not TOP OF THE WORLD, but was very "musical" because of acoustic control, compared to the same room BEFORE...And EVERYBODY will pass the same judgement on my room BEFORE and AFTER  as i did because acoustic is not arbitrary craft...

"Musical" here means something OBJECTIVE in the acoustic ratio ASW/LV ratio... It is not "a petition of principle argument", but the result of acoustic listenings  experiment with variable   control...

Thats all...

I hope i was clearer in this post than in my other past post above ...

@mahgister wow, a very long description of the word "musical". Glad you are willing to tackle it more. Just for grins, I looked up the word in the dictionary.

mu·si·cal

adjective

• having a pleasant sound; melodious or tuneful.

« We dont banish  word, we must understand their context instead "» -- Groucho Marx 🤓

«A word is like a dismembered lost part of a body, when we recover the part we re-member the body »-- anonymus