Parasound A21+ vs Adcom GFA-585se

I want to change my amps from Wyred4sound SX-1000 mono blocks to a good class A/B amp.  I was thinking of the A21+, but i looked at the 585se and the Adcom compares, on paper, to the Parasound JC5.   Both have plenty of power to drive my speakers and cost the same.  Anyone with experience with both?  

edward320
@prebs and @jdub39 I would be very interested in hearing your impressions of the JC5 coming from the A21? I have an A21 and am thinking of upgrading to the JC5 to coincide with an upgrade to the Paradigm persona speakers. I’ve heard conflicting reports with most saying that it would be difficult to hear any difference in the JC5 from the A21 but some saying that the JC5 is in a whole different league and it is noticeable. What to believe :)

@prebs Speaking strictly on the A21 and Jc5 and not the A21+ The Jc5 will give you everything the A21 has but couple that with things exclusive to the Jc5 , the Jc5 has an uncanny ability to play at low volumes with greater ease , I can listen 3-4db lower compared to the A21 , another standout for me is good luck trying to distinguish when it leaves Class A to A/B. The JC5 doesn’t loose coherence, tonality, grip or sound staging when having spirited listening sessions. Lastly is the Jc5’s apparent 3d sound stage pushing well beyond speaker boundaries effortlessly while this is something the A21 only hinted at.
That’s my humble opinion of course!

Well it's been almost 2 years since I asked about the Parasound A21+ vs The  Adcom GFA-585se.  I'm still curious about the Adcom. It seams so close to the JC5 in parts and specs.  From getting reviews and talking with people with the JC5, and the lack of feedback and reviews of the Adcom, I've pulled the trigger on a JC5, to arrive this Tuesday.  Thanks for all the opinions and information,

Ed