Townshend Podiums

Hi, I’m using Townshend Podiums for a set of standmount speakers on sand-filled steel stands, on a carpeted floor. 

I’d like to have the speakers further into the room for listening some of the time. The speakers generally sound good where they are, but I enjoy letting them breathe at times. It’s a multi purpose room and the audio improvement doesn’t outweigh the hassle of having them always far into the room.

My question is, if I buy furniture sliders that are appropriately sized, could I slide the speakers into the room on occasion? (I would leave the sliders under the podium feet all the time.)

It’s a cheap try, just wondering if anyone had any experience to share.

Thanks in advance-

uncledemp

I get it being a tricky move, the stands and speakers are 80-90lbs total. Taking the speakers off would drop (no pun intended) 25 or so pounds.

My son is a woodworker and I considered asking him to make me a flat base with a slick finish on the bottom and a handle. I thought it may allow me to move the whole set up with minimal fuss. I fear my audio needs will not be at the top of his list!

@hilde45 I didn’t ask but I was interested in whether these options would lessen the effectiveness of the podiums.

$10 to try it is cheap enough. If it’s too tricky I’ll just leave them be!

Thanks again to all of you who responded!