Best turntable under $4000

I am looking to take the next step in my analog journey. I currently am using a Fluance RT85 with ortofon 2m blue. I have a Rogue Audio cronus magnum iii. I am running them with Kef 104/2 's. Fluance seems to get alot of hate on here. I was considering a cartridge upgrade but I am hesitant to upgrade more then the cost of the table. I don't hear much background noise and like the sound. I guess I am wondering if I don't know I hear noise because I have not heard a turntable that eliminates that noise? When I went from my Onkyo to my Rogue Sphinx iii I realized I had been missing a whole lot of sound. Then I ditched my rebuilt EPI M150's and heard hidden instruments in tracks I have listened to for years. I am looking for that in a turntable upgrade.  Apperance is important. I have interest in the following:

Clear Audio Concept Wood w/ maestro v2

Mofi fender precisiondeck w/ mastertracker

Stretching my budget is:

Dr. Feikert Volare no cartridge

Gold Note Pianosa no cartridge

These take me out of my budget once I get a cartridge

Any other reccomendations 

I will miss the autostart function for those buzzed listening nights. I would like the 4k to include a cartridge. Any opinions are welcome. Anyone think I should say screw the "rules" and get an Ortofon black?

Thank you in advance

cpdkee

I have suggested the Toshiba / Aurex SR-510 on this forum in the past and got a bit of grief for the suggestion being made.

I own this model along with other Japanese Vintage Models.

I am not a fan of the Base of the Bearing Housing, it will need a little extra thought and design put in place to enable the Bearing Modifications I like to see utilised put in place.

I have listened to one for a short period and have no concerns for the performance, it has shown another model that is well sought after to be wanting, and as a base model, has great potential. This is one I look forward to becoming a completed modification project, in my view, when complete, it will seriously hold its own against the most sought after standard versions, or even modified versions of DD TT's from the same era of production.

I learnt of this TT through a member of another forum, and one who is possibly the most experienced of Vintage through to Hi End Modern Vinyl Replay equipment that I know. Their assessment of it in use, claims it has a presentation that is closely related to Micro Seiki DD TT's.

The SR-510 proved to be worthy for them to set it up with a Tonearm and Cart' with a Value of approx' £6000. This is the type of investment the user thought was able to be added to the TT and not be wasteful.

I know this TT was used without too much TLC added to the old mechanics, and the impression in this condition was reported on as being very good. My investigation of the mechanics of this TT has shown that a lot can be achieved by doing a little, but the ideal upgrade is presented with a few hurdles to be gotten over.   

It is seriously worth a Punt. What is an absolute reassurance for the OP is that the experience of this TT will not set them back anywhere near the $4K being proposed as a spend limit.     

Music Hall Stealth $1,649

Sumiko Starling $1,799

$3,500 before tax.

Sound quality: priceless!

@cpdkee,

I own the Clearaudio Concept Wood and am having a great experience with it.  If you decide to go this route, I strongly recommend the Satisfy Carbon tonearm option.  Also, if the phono preamp built into your excellent Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III supports MC, you can also consider the Concept MC cartridge with boron cantilever and microline stylus.  It's a great $1K cartridge that is often included in a package for ~ $400.   Wishing you the best in your search.

Acoustic Solid is similar to Transrotor but less expensive. You can buy one without the tonearm if you wanted to upgrade. Thomas Schick seems to be a fan of EMT turntables. Rega is a pretty safe option. 

My friend Jim (met here) has this Auto Technics previously posted, absolutely loves it

that’s NOS, this one, JUST LISTED, is Open Box