Which integrated for Wilson Sabrina's

HI audio friends,

Considering decluttering my main system and moving from pre and power to a high end integrated.  I currently have the Coda Continuum power amp, LTA reference 2 preamp, hifi rose streamer and Wilson Sabrina's.  

Cabling, set up and all the tedium of pre and power feels unnecessary when i consider some of the excellent integrated options available.  I have always been impressed by BAT engineering and their vk 80i has had some great reviews, but  I don't think the 55w is enough for the wilsons.  The vk 3500 would definitely have enough grunt, but i'm curious what everyone thinks and am open to other options.  

Thoughts?

cshadow

Tweeters on the older Wilson models and on the Sabrinas are very different.
The W/P 8s that date back to mid/late 2000s used inverted titanium tweeter. Hotter sounding than the silk dome tweeter Wilson Audio implemented on the Sabrinas. With BAT you may end up taming a bit more than you intended.

Ultimately, home audition is a must. And unless it is possible or a decent return policy is in place, go used. You don’t want to drop this kind of dough blind buying a new component, end up not liking it and getting hosed on a resale.

I own a Gryphon Diablo 300 with Rockport speakers.  It is not edgy in any way and I can absolutely say it is worth finding somewhere to audition one if possible.   On the other hand a good friend has recently changed his system to a pair of Wilson Sabrina X and the Krell300i.  This is an excellent combination and I have really enjoyed my time listening to his system.

I second wsrrsw’s recommendation. Rogers High Fidelity EHF 200 Mark II. Quite powerful, great sound, very high build quality. I really enjoy mine. I believe you can try one & see if you like it. Call Roger & see..

I’m shocked that Esoteric hasn’t been mentioned in this discussion, especially within his price range. The Japanese sound comes with no compromises for what most ‘like’ to hear. The Mark Levinson 585 (way better build quality and components than the 5805) Michi. I only own one of these so not much confirmation bias! Kinki Studios. Lots of choices other than the obscure gear that people own and think is the best thing since sliced bread!!…lol