OPPO 980 h dvd mod?

Just got the Oppo 980h. It sounds incredible.
I don't think I will want to spend more than what this costs, on a player ever again.
How much better is the mod?
I can't believe it can get better than this, especially in a chassis this light and thin!
Is the mod worth the extra expenditure?
Where do I get it modded and how much is it?
pedrillo
Could someone please explain the logic in modding a $350 player for $1,600 and cancelling the warranty instead of buying a fully warrantied new player for $1,950 ?(there are a few that sound really good in this range). Do the mods come with a COMPLETE RE-Warranty? Even for the transport? How long is the warranty, and is it only for labor?
Hi Storyboy,

The firms that modify and provide new modified players for the oppo units provide full warrantys on the entire unit top to bottom. So in case a transport laser goes out or something happens, the entire unit (including labor) is under warranty by the modification company instead of oppo, so there is still peace of mind like with the stock warranty.

The reasoning of modifying a $169-399 player is to take it much much further sonically than the $1950 stock player (obviously) but more so take it further or equal to players costing 5-10 times the price of the modified oppo. Basically if you want the best bang for the buck and have a swiss army knife, buy the modified oppo from your firm of choice.

However, if you want prestige of owning a something that might make your friends jealous to look at or know that you own, then buy that flashy stock player.

Same thing goes for cars. Want prestige and speed, buy that BMW or Benz. Dont care about prestige but only care about performance, then buy a used dodge neon and throw a turbo and some other parts on it and blow right past the BMW down the road. Its all in want you want.

Different strokes for different folks!

I hope this answered your question.
I'm getting one tomorrow.. $169 CDN.. can't lose. Do coaxial cables matter? Any suggestions?

Note: I'm not paying anymore than $100 new or used for such cable... actually $20 would be nice.... this hobby has other priorities right now..

As well, does isolating this unit from vibration matter?

Thanks.
Has anyone compared the oppo to the expensive stuff out there? Any comments out of curiousity.