Where do you want your system to go when you go?

People think of real estate, stocks, property...etc.  But I'm wondering where would my audio systems go when I go?  Most in my family are happy with television and an audio system that is more like a TV or toaster.  Not to be morbid, but my friends that would have cared are no longer living.  There are lawyers, charitable causes and other "things" for other possessions, but I cannot see my systems going to Goodwill....etc.  For us baby boomers it is a real thought.  My best friend, who died of cancer, had a decent system with sperates and some Martin Logan speakers... his wife didn't care and ended up giving it all away and basically just watches TV.  

What do you want to happen to your system?...hopefully many of you have people in your life that your system would mean something to them.

jusam

I was the executor for my mom's estate and when I get to be too old to climb the 15 steps to enjoy my audio system I suspect I'll need to find someone (with a strong back) who appreciates and can accommodate it.  The work of an executor is pretty involved, so I'd want to minimize the stress of doing that...for probably my wife.

I want my system set up at the funeral home, cranking Led Zeppelin. After that, I don’t care what happens to it.

Nah, seriously, I have two identical systems and will leave them to my kids.

Funny question. I bought in the last year a Rogers High Fidelity integrated amp which comes w/ a lifetime warranty. One of Roger’s advertising lines is equipment your kids will be fighting over…. 

I asked Roger how old he was & he’s exactly my age so I hope he lives at least as long as I have no plans on ever selling it ( great stuff!!) . 

All my audio equipment will be buried along side of me and the speakers will be toed in so that I can listen in peace. I have left instructions to leave it turned on with a car battery connected. My wife does not want it so I am taking it with me...

Don’t know.  I won’t be around. My wife will probably just give everything away.