Why People Like Tekton

I saw this You Tube clip yesterday and I really think this guy gave one of the most well-reasoned explanations of why some people gave up their hyper-detailed "audiophile" speakers for Tekton.  I've never heard them myself, but I think the same reasoning applies to many other brands like Harbeth, Spendor, Wharfdale, etc.  I personally feel the way he does, but I think he expressed it better than I would have.  Eventually, at some point in the journey, you may get tired of listening to the singer's saliva and chairs creaking and just want to relax and hear music in a more natural manner.and not with your ear 6" from the singer's mouth.  Or maybe you do.  Anyway - take a watch if you have the time.  And I'm guessing most of you do. 

chayro

Have you ever heard or owned this speaker? I have owned the Odyssey gear, so I offered my opinion. I also own Tekton gear. It seems to make sense to offer your two cents on gear you’ve actually had experience with.

I have stated several times that I have neither owned nor heard a Tekton speaker, so I can’t offer my opinion as to their sound. Several times. That’s why I never have. So, what’s your point? I stated my opinion on how I feel about their looks. You know, visual. Do I need to have owned and heard them to do that? Do I need to have experience with them to do that? No, do I. Then, for some reason you take my opinion of their looks personally and come up with the notion of revenge by bashing some gear I own. Why don’t you just push me off the swings at recess.

The impact monitors are amazing with my art audio concierto tubes.People like them because they are not expensive.

Not a Tekton owner, in fact have not yet heard, but have a feeling I’d like … for a while. Maybe I’m just a speaker slut and listen around a lot. I’ve lived happily (for varying durations) with lots of different speakers … none perfect, and none for a LONG time, but all appreciated for what they were, not pilloried for what they weren’t. Maybe that’s also why my attempt to identify an end game speaker is a bit of a fools errand (for me anyway). Used to joke at work I was half arsonist and half fireman … modestly analogous here.

Low price shipping inc painted cabinets lots of posts and hype in audio forums.