Beryllium Tweeters - Your Opinions & Comments ??

I notice the Beryllium tweeters cost about $500 each!  Focusing mostly on SB Acoustics (Satori) but you are welcome to comment if you have heard any brand.

Can you hear the difference?  Are they an obvious Upgrade, or do some people find them to be TOO detailed or TOO bright?

I am mostly used to the Dynaudio D28af textile soft domes (back in the 90's when af didn't mean AF, hahahaha!)

I kind of want the best sound i can get at any price but not if it produces listening fatigue and such like that.  Thank you for reading...

rop45

Different flavors for sure. I like both. Some BE tweeters can be pretty natural. Overall I think good soft dome like Dynaudio are more natural but definitely don’t have the speed or micro detail of a good BE. I prefer BE…….. I think…… depending on the day….. ymmv….. etc

I was concerned trying the beryllium tweeter. But very impressed with the Reference 3a be tweeter. Not at all annoying or bright very smooth but detailed. I’m using with Conrad Johnson, r2r dac and lp12. Everything going through it is on the warm side so that may contribute to my results with the be tweeter. 

If you have the $, the Fritz Carrera BE’s here on Audiogon right now for $2500 are really awesome speakers,  I personally liked this tweeter better than the SB Acoustics BE (Neo magnet)… 

The Fritz seems like a good suggestion. 

Interesting the current version of the Carrera seems to be using SB tweeter now