Just got some AudioEngine A5+ speaker and they blow my mind

Ive been listening to headphones, DT 880's and IEM's shure 846's with either the Fiio 17 or the Cambridge Music DacMagic + ( dacmagic wins ). I just got the audioengine bookshelf speakers and running them through the fiio has blown my mind compared to the headphones. Closing your eyes you can point to where every instrument is being player on the stage in front. My mind was and is still being blown. I am now a speaker person 

onkey89

To be fair the OP is comparing them to headphones, so their enthusiasm could be legit. A decent pair of speakers will be a revelation to a newbie.

"I smell a rat"

what thats to mean? We are idiots, finding some good qualities with the speakers? I actually tested for some weeks. I only wrote, try them on stands.

I don’t like that kind of comment. You seem to devalue actual user experience, like snobs, out of hand. My Aurum Cantus 2 speakers (similar size two-way) are better than the A5+ in many ways, not to speak of my friend’s Magicos, or my own floorstander Audiokinesis Dream Makers. My point was only, these speakers are very "tuneable". No more, no less. No rat.

Thanks ozzy62. Just felt the need to say. Audiogon is about people who actually listen, and test - I hope.

there is no algorithm that figures out what posts will get responses. Was there a question here? I had several posts where I asked for feedback, buying advice, and I got 0 response. Once it even got removed, when I asked for speaker buying advice, It's one of the most frustrating places on the web, but, for people who love audio, there aren't many