Heard the Abbingdon Music research CD player?

I am looking for anyone who might have heard this player at CES or at the London show. Is it a giant killer with its matching amp? Bob
128x128baranyi
chinese stuff with british beards. they don't even have the guts to say where they are made on their website.
I heard the AMR CD-77 at CES and liked it a lot -- four days of comparative listening convinced me it's competitive with the best out there. Jaybo, before you rush to judge AMR as Chinese stuff you should read Srajan Ebaen's pre-review.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/abbingdon/abbingdon.html
In at least some ways, the AMR stuff was some of the best I heard at CES. That was on Tuesday night. By Wednesday morning they had swapped out the Virtual Dynamics cabling and installed the AMR cabling and the system took a serious step downward. Nevertheless, we heard what it was capable of.

In fact, my colleague was using a Natalie Merchant recorded live cd to evaluate speakers/systems throughout CES and The Show. This particular test track contains an extremely difficult passage to reproduce without some type of dynamic flattening or breakup in the tweeter.

The AMR speaker was the only one of the 50 or so rooms we auditioned that passed with flying colors. Not only did it pass, but that complex passage soared to new heights cleanly and dynamically via the AMR system.

The Ascendo speakers came in 2nd. All other systems we heard failed to one good degree or another.

I'm keeping my eye out for the release of their prototype speakers they exhibited.

Overall, I thought their gear was intriguing and first rate sonically.

-IMO
did not comment on its sound....i just think when product comes from china or anywhere, the manufacturer should be forthcoming to the consumer. as for a 6moons review....get a grip...