Recommendations for automatic tonearm lift

I am considering an automatic tonearm lifter for a Sota Sapphire with a Rega 700 tonearm. Any recommendations / comments? Many thanks in advance for any input.

128x128rbanathy

I've been using original versions of this unit, since the early Eighties* and have never been disappointed:

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT6006R-Safety-Raiser/dp/B07HKX6WL7

*Of course: they were much less expensive ($19.95) back then.

Bought a couple, back in the day.   The first functioned great, for almost 30 years.

Pluses: miniscule mounting area, very light trip and gentle/smooth lifting action

Minuses: haven't found any

I use the same one as rodman99999 uses on my VPI Classic Table with a JMW arm and it works great. Works with a very gentle lifting action as rodman per rodman's comment above.

I have one called a 'Q Up' it works fine, in being very sensitive, and not too exuberant when triggered. 

This version has an oblong shape and can be a little more flexible in being able to be set up at an ideal positioning, that is not obstructed by the TT Chassis and Tonearm Base.

There is also a basic design as a method to enable a Height Adjustment.

Once in position it can be held in position by a Blu Tak material of similar.

I don't know if all TT's are compatible with a Tonearm Lift, especially a design that has a large base, but the use of one can be quite reassuring if a loss of attention is a possibility.