Question about Class A

So I read all the time how awesome Class A Amps/Integrated's (SS and Tube) are.

I currently have a Vincent SV-500 Hybrid and feel it sounds really good.

But I have this itch now to hear what Class A would sound like and would it be a big difference to my current Vincent.

I wanted to ask what are some good Class A Integrated's that I could look into?

I know Pass Labs always comes up and for good reason but those might be a bit out of my budget.

I would say I can probably go to $3K new or used.

Sugden is another brand that I have researched a lot and the A21 retails for around $2500 and there is a dealer in Socal that carries it, so that one is tempting.

Vincent has the SV-237 MK II but I think that is only Class A for the 1st 10 watts into 8-ohms and I have 4-ohm speakers so I am not sure if that would give me any Class A magic. I am sure it would sound similar to my SV-500 but have more base extension.

Could you all recommend any other one's? I have been researching but haven't come across any (SS or Tube).

Thanks

128x128jay73

I wouldn’t get too hung up on the class of amplification since a good sounding amplifier is a good sounding amplifer...

Good amps can be had in every class. Concentrate on good amps not design. 

Rogers High Fidelity EFH 200 Mark III !! Great tube integrated amp 100 watts / channel Class A. Hand made in MA w/ top quality parts & point to point wiring. Great sound, great build quality & lifetime warranty. Amongst the very best. 

You might want to look at some of the newer GaN amps.  Those from LSA, AGD, and the upcoming amp from Atmasphere seem to embody a lot of the benefits of Class A amps without the absurd electricity penalty.  When Atmasphere is embracing and producing a GaN amp, you gotta believe the gap has been narrowed to near nil.  I’m a Class A amp fan too, but it seems to be a near dinosaur at this point. FWIW.