How to get the impact of a live concert?

Yes, I know, big speakers, lots of power. : ) But I really am looking to "feel" the dynamics of the music, like you would at a concert. I'm not only talking about bass, although that is certainly a part of it. My wife and I were at Dave Matthews Band concert last night and it always amazes me, how impactful music is when it's live. Obviously, I understand they have a LOT of power driving a LOT of speakers, but they were filling the whole outdoors (outside venue). I'm only trying to fill my listening room. Would a good sub help? Different speakers?

I currently have Gallo Reference 3.1's and Klipchs Forte II's (Crites mods) driven by a Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista M3.
ecruz
I just went to a symphony concert Thurs. night--Ligeti's "Atmospheres," R. Strauss's "Also Spracht Zarathustra," and Host's "The Planets." Big, bombastic, large scale orchestral works. Generally speaking, it's a unique experience.

However, the rig in my experience that came closest to reproducing that sensation was a pair of Wilson Alexandria XLF's driven by a pair of D'Agostino monoblocks with Transparent Opus MM Reference cabling. This setup had the transparency, the speed, the holographic imaging, and that most elusive part--a sort of baseline energy in the room even during the silent passages.

07-13-12: Audiofeil
A bottle of Boone's Farm and a hit of orange sunshine.

Now that's impactful

Yes, but I don't wake up with a banging headache after attending a concert.
07-11-12: Newbee
Take a moment and go to Audio Asylum. There is a current thread in the 'General' forum discussing the importance of Dynamic's and what that term means. It is an excellent post and some of the contributors also discuss the practical ramifications of trying to get good results at home.

I would like to read this thread you are referring to but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Do you have a link?
Here you go:

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/62/627320.html

One thing not mentioned in that thread is the in 80% of all audiophile conversation, the word 'dynamics' can be effectively replaced by the word 'distortion' without changing the meaning of the conversation.

This is because most audio circuits make some odd-ordered harmonic distortion, and the ear uses odd-ordered harmonics to determine how loud a sound is.