Adding an ignore list feature to audiogon

Some other forums have an ignore list feature, which I think could be quite helpful and useful here. It allows each individual member to create an ignore list. This is a list of other members whose posts that individual does not wish to see. When members on the list post, it will show that they posted, but the text of their post will not be be displayed. The posts are only hidden for that member, they will show up like normal for all other members (unless they also have the poster on their ignore list)

I believe adding this feature would help reduce conflict and controversy, while still allowing everyone to post freely. It would also make the moderators' job easier. I'm not sure if the forum software audiogon uses supports this feature, but, if it does, they should definitely look into implementing it.

tommylion

If you do not like the direction that a thread is taking just move on. Your particular opinion or experience with the subject under discussion, in the big scheme of things, is meaningless. I doubt that someone is going to buy or not buy an item based upon your individual recommendation or negative review. So if you cannot handle the debate it is best for you to take yourself out of the discussion. There are so many threads started everyday I am sure you can add meaningful dialog to any other number of forum queries. (Most of which have been covered many times already and just keep getting re-hashed in a slightly different form). 

Post removed 

Why not just skip over and not read the comment if posted by someone you do not want to read from ?

Low tech and very simple....