Who Tried Power Conditioners Over The Years and No Longer Use Them Today, Any Why?

Been thinking back to when I started in Audio and how good the system sounded with no power conditioners or fancy power cords. Then in the '90s slowly they both became a huge profit market for stores and manufacturers of them. If you used one on front end gear only or whole systems I will be interested in your real-world experience you could share with us all. I have a few so I am not against them, but I do at times have questions. 
128x128phillyb

"Ignorance is bliss."

in a nutshell, unless your CERTAIN your power feed's voltage is a +/- under 5% 120VAC, I urge you to consider a conditioner w/voltage regulation. My APC H15 SAVED my previous pre/pro from my former* home's electrical system. Further I believe the H15 doing the same for my (Same brand) current pre/pro.
*rental on a grid close to a lot of businesses & a junior college.

Even today** I witness the "Trim***" LED frequently light up on the H15 for several hours at a stretch several times a week. Because of "compromised" hearing****, I won't swear it "greatly improved" the SQ, but I'm VERY confident it's protecting my system's delicate microprocessor-containing components from the above and the brief effects from AC, freezer, & refrigerator etc startups.

**4 1/2 years in a rual neighborhood. 
***circuitry activated when the line voltage exceeds 132VAC

****unprotected on tank ranges; 10th row seating at concerts; extended listening to insanely powered car audio systems - all when I was young & stupid 

Your system's electrical "sweet spot" is 120VAC +/- 5V. Continue "Unprotected" at your peril.

Tony  

High end power cords? I wholeheartedly agree, heavier is better. Beyond that; maybe, but... Read my "compromised hearing" explanation from my previous reply. 

I recall from another forum a member having "ah hah moment" from, he claimed,  bass response from upgrading from the stock removable 18 ga to an inexpensive 14 ga upgrade.  I plan to mod what gear I can to take advantage of this inexpensive, undeniable upgrade. Currently, of my system's 11 amps & subs only one of them has a removable PC. That 230VAC sub came to me needing some surgery to make it work. While I was at it was easy enough to install the EIC not to mention a generic 4' PC. 

My add'l $0.02

Tony

I’ve used a Shunyata Triton V2, V3, and Typhon as well as the PS Audio Power Plant Premier and P10. Previous to that I had used a Furman voltage regulator/conditioner.

I no longer use any power conditioning in either of my 2 systems. I didn’t have power "problems" so ultimately, these products were just tweaks that changed the sound to me. Taking the cost of those products and putting it toward better sounding components and cables was a better use of time and energy for me.

50 years in this hobby. Never once used a power conditioner. Some feel they hear a difference. I don't. Money saved. KaChing!

@coltrane1 

You are the lucky one out of a hundred or thousand. Sure wish that were true for the three places I have lived in the last 40 years.