When someone listens to your system for the first time.

I recently had  a 30 something friend of mine, I'm 64, stop in for a bit and sit in my listening chair.  He is a musician and had never heard my system.  Decided to play him Sultans of Swing on my turntable. He was awe struck. Look of amazement on his face. he said he had heard the song countless times, but now knew he had never really heard it. He talked about the clarity, how wonderful the cymbals sounded, how awesome the bass was (thanks to the new subwoofers I bought). I played him a few more things, some Tony Rice, to hear some acoustic instruments.  He couldn't get over the soundstage and imaging. He said he knew why I sat in that chair.  He said he wants to come back, there are tons of songs he wants to now hear on my system.  I listen to music just about every night.  I enjoy my system, but sometimes get caught up in listening to the gear, wondering if I should change something.  Nature of the hobby. So nice to get a new perspective.  Reminder to stop over thinking and enjoy the music. 
limbonner
I listen to my system "like a first time" when I swap cartridges or tonearms, or both :))

I feel the same when I swap phono stages or amps, or switch between 2 pair of speakers.
The first question is: ''what are those''? pointing to my speakers.
The second remark is : ''I have never heard such 'sound' before''. 
Reactions I have had are:
Wow you don't have a subwoofer?
I hear everything! 
Never heard so much detail.
Your room is actually treated.
One didn't really compliment but stayed 4 hours none the less.
They ask me What are those speakers? They show a lot of interest in them. A few were not that impressed.
I'm 59 years old and this has been my main hobby for 40 years. I have slowly built a system that is the most I can absolutely afford. I know there's better equipment and better rooms but I'm happy. Below is my system for people that have asked the responders.

1.Marantz SA-10 SACD player.

Acoustic Signiture Final Tool TT modded with with a platter containing 24 brass and rubber silencers to negate the ringing of the aluminum platter. Two new motors enclosed in a quieter housing with a new type of belt. The tonearm is a Graham 2.2 with an interchangeable ceramic tone arm.

The cartridge is an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze re tipped by Soundsmith. I also have an Ortofon 2m Black, a Dynavector 20X2, and a Shure M97xe with a Jico SAS stylus.

2.Acoustech PH1 P phono preamp.

3.Bryston 17b 3 preamp.

4.Bryston 14b 3 amp.

Cassette decks.

5.Nakamichi Dragon.

6.Tandberg 3914a not shown

7. Nakamichi 700II not shown.

8. Sony WM D6C

8.JVC TD 711.

9.PS Audio P1000 power regenerater.

10.OHM Acoustics Walsh 5000 speakers.

Headphones--------

1. Grado PS 500 with upgraded pads with Ear Zonk premium 15 ft extension cable .

2. Grado SR 60 with modded pads and mahogany pucks on the outside.

3. Audio Technica ATH-M50X.

Cables-------

1. Kimber Kable silver phone cable.

2. Pangea interconnects.

3. Kimber 12tc 24 strand AWG 8 ga speaker cable.

4. PS Audio power cables.

Miscellaneous

1. Record Doctor vacuum record cleaner.

2. 19 Per Madsen record storage units and 8 stained apple crates.

3. 2 VPI Magic Bricks

4. Aircom fan on top of the amp.

5. Maple slabs under TT, SACD player and phone preamp.

6. Extra ductwork to cool the room.

7.Billy Bags tandom audio rack.

8. 4 ATX 24"x 48" acoustic dampers.

8. 3 ATX corner bass traps.

@icudoc, That's it, I need a fireplace between my speakers. 

If I could convince one person there was a speaker on the bottom of my turntable motor (until they approached it for a closer listen),
I know someone will fall for the ole' "speaker in the fireplace"
I had two people over the other day. As soon as I fired the system up they started laughing. I asked what was so funny and they said nothing. You see a good system can bring out the best in people.