Holo Audio May DAC

Just read a very nice review of this in Stereophile this month and after doing some research it looks like this one could be a very nice option for me.  
https://kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-may-dac/

It's made in China I think (or could be Taiwan?, and yes, I am very well aware that these are two very different countries. ;)), and employs a direct to consumer model to keep the price as low as possible.  This does not worry me after purchasing a Jay's Audio transport from Vinshine Audio and having zero issues.  

Just curious if anyone here has heard one or purchased?  I'm very intrigued.  I know the Denafrips Terminator is another highly regarded DAC with a similar ordering model, but costs a couple grand more than this one.  Considering that one as well.

Thanks
128x128snackeyp
Just got the May DAC. 15 days after order - must be a record! Make the mistake of listening right out of the box (after an hour or so). Sound is just ok. Not in the same league as PSA DSD. Bass is bloated. Image is diffuse. Has trouble locking onto different sample rates. Using USB maybe that’s part of the issue. Had been using I2S with Matrix/Uptone PS w/Aurender streamer. Thought I’d start with USB as I’ve heard so many positive comments (not much of a fan of USB usually) Thinking... hoping it’s got to get much better with break - in. We’ll see...
cudfoo5,
No, the MAY will not get much better with break-in. If you don't like it now, you are unlikely to like it in the future. However, your description of "bass is bloated" and "image is diffuse" is the polar opposite of my experience with the MAY. There must be something wrong with your particular MAY DAC or something else in 
brge2,
I have limited experience with other DACs in my system. I had the Denafrips Terminator for a long weekend last summer (2020) and I thought it was good but not great. I like the MAY considerably more. I have listened extensively to the dCS Bartok and the TotalDAC in a friend's system and there is a chance we will be comparing the MAY to one or both of these highly regarded DACs. 
The PSA DSD was not great out of the box either. Actually if my memory is correct - it was pretty crappy also. Seeing as most people are saying this thing needs 100’s of hours of break in I’m thinking it will get a lot better. My experience with the DAC is similar to most new equipment I’ve tried too soon - uneven at best. I’ll give it a few days before a serious listen.
Cudfoo
Yes, I agree with Cleopatra, something must be wrong.
My Holo May KTE trashed my PS Audio DSD from the first minute it was plugged in.