All Benchmark System Question

Long time lurker, first time poster. So question relates to my all Benchmark System. I am using the all Benchmark system (AHB2, HPA-4 and DAC 3B with my P3SER’s and loving it most of the time. But if I wanted to add a little more warmth for that 20 percent of the time I think I need to, What would be the best way to do that. My thoughts are maybe switching out the DAC 3B some of the time with an Audio Mirror Troubador, keeping the rest of the system the same. My other, more expensive thought is to leave the DAC 3B and i swapping in the Coda 07x part of the time as I have heard the AHB2 and Coda 07x is a great combination. Obviously that is an expensive fix for 20-30 percent of my listening.
What do you people think?
regg
regg, you have two choices. Changing loudspeakers or adding digital EQ to your system. The DEQX hp-5 would be perfect with your Benchmark equipment. You would not need the DAC anymore as there are excellent DACs in the DEQX. You also gain digital bass management should you ever want to do subwoofers. With digital EQ you get room control then you can EQ the sound to get whatever you like. Boosting 150 to 300 Hz just a dB or two will add that warmth. Changing DACs will do nothing. Your sound is all about the speakers and the room. The AHB2 is one of my favorite amps. Huge value.
I can’t help but think that there’s a market for more powerful, beefier Benchmark “AHB3’s(?)” that can handle more power demanding, lower impedance loads.
DEQX HP-5? Never heard of it. Anybody else use it? @mijostyn do you really feel switching out DACs won’t make any difference? Seems like others have spent a lot of time and money switching out DAC’s to get a more “analogue” sound seemingly with success. Again, I think my all Benchmark system is killer, especially with the somewhat warm P3SER’s, but sometimes I would like to hear a different flavor.
@yyzsantabarbara , I just saw some great reviews of the KEF KC62 subwoofer which does as you stated have an apartment switch and it’s tiny-great for my apartment! Extremely interesting, thanks to you and @mapman for the suggestion. Another thing on my list although I have heard it’s hard to get the crossover right. Have to figure out how to hook it up to the AHB2 but I think I am going to pull the trigger.
@regg In 2 weeks I am going to setup a ROON system for someone. He has used DEQX gear for 15 years (maybe 5 models). I am going to show him the ROON setup with DSP run via CONVOLUTION filters for my RAAL SR1a. This is what I run for both my floorstanders and my RAAL (my office is small with big speakers). These are 2 different DSP implementations done by Accurate Sound out of Canada.

I told him that the Convolution filter will likely be much better than his DEQX gear. I think the Convolution filters will be better because it uses a computer and you are not limited by processing power on a computer verses a dedicated piece of audio gear. Need more power? Just buy a more powerful computer and use the same or more demanding Convolution filter.

Regarding the crossover for the AHB2 + sub. Did you read the link I posted earlier describing how to setup a sub with the AHB2?

I just played on of my favorites disks, Earth Wind and Fire - Greatest Hits on the CODA 07x + Gustard X26 Pro and AHB2 + Thiel CS3.7. I was so mesmerized by the music I stopped my work and just listened to the whole album. I then played the album again. This time I put in the HPA4 and used the same XLR from the Gustard to make an apples to apples comparison. The HPA4 is a little clearer more detailed and beautiful but that CODA 07x and Gustard combo was a bit warmer and was magic.

BTW - I use fibre for my streaming so the computer noise is not a factor. I am however limited to only having DSP done for my DAC, not SACD or tuner which are analog outputs.

@unsound There is a market for an AHB3 but BM seems to think the amp is perfect as is and if you need more power then run it in mono. Though in mono it is not rate at continuous power in 2 Ohm. The stereo version is rated at 2 Ohm continuous power (something in the 250 watt range).