Dysphoric audiophile agoraphobia

Have struck on a new syndrome while over-examining life’s minutia. Greek  dýsphoros "hard to bear, grievous"   I’m sure to garner a new DSM-5 code.

This syndrome is suffered when the system creation we’ve carefully crafted has reached that pinnacle of reproduction which renders us incapacitated, unable to bear leaving our safe confines only to be subjected randomly to the perils awaiting from overhead licentious public sound systems.  Percy Faith does Hendrix.

These include unforeseeable random aural attacks perpetrated by grocery stores, Walgreen’s, dentist offices....even gas pumps.  Never leaving one’s abode does not assure complete insulation and safe conduct as there awaits the miserable hold menu dreck as you try to make a wheel alignment appointment.
celtic66
@Celtic :)
Never leaving one’s abode does not assure complete insulation and safe conduct ....

...Indeed! Also consider the perilous instability of the power grid wich regularly rears its ugly head and mercilessly squashes our carefully erected dynamics!
I am retired and spend an inordinate amount of time listening to my system which is performing marvelously. It is true that external sounds in sundry commercial and public venues sound often horrid and crude in comparison. But I mainly prefer to stay home because the world has changed and not for the better; there are fewer folk outdoors. Those I see appear crazy or eccentric. People in public are not friendly or sociable - they seem fearful. There is a large decline in politeness, courteousness and pride in dress and appearance. It is sad to see America in decline.