Where are the young audiophiles?

I find it alarming that 95% of all audiophiles are seniors.According to a consultant at my local HI-FI store,young people don't seem interested in high-end equipment.They listen to music on their phone.Sooner or later, all the great neighborhood HI-FI stores will not be able to remain open. Kind of sad,don't you think?
rockysantoro
The biggest issue is that it’s a rich mans hobby and not to many of us young people can afford it. Most of my friends are into headphones and have been for years since they is what budget allows. Do I buy a house and/or car or do I drop it on gear?  I’m 34 and that’s what most of my peers are going through. I didn’t really get into “hifi” until grad school where I also got a part time job at BestBuy and put those accommodations to good use and stocked up on a lot of home theater and entry level gear. Over time I traded my way up to some decent hifi gear.

We young people are here, just give us time to pay off our student loans, buy a house and get the disposable y’all have of the hobby!  By then, we will be your age. Lmfao. 
Check out /r/audiophile on Reddit to see what the younger crowd is into. There’s a lot of folks into good budget stuff, but there’s a strong streak of that Audioholics / measurement-first, qualitative-listening-never attitude that can be a bit insufferable (there is a non-trivial number of people there who insist that all DACs sound the same, differences between amps are minimal, high bitrate MP3s sound as good as lossless, and that cables don’t make any difference).
It is i am 50 years old and one of the youngest i have ever met sad state of affairs.
First of all OP, where did you get the 95% statistic? Beyond that, you sound like this issue is all new to you. It's been a fact for quite a while, but I don't believe the market or the suppliers will dry up. The high end will survive somehow.