Thiel 2.7 VS 3.7???

I am kinda torn at the moment and wondering if "anyone" has had a chance to compare these two speakers by chance?? I own and love the 2.7's and want to make the lifetime plunge and bump up to the 3.7 while I have a chance, but cannot get a handle by reading reviews if the main difference between the two is just in the lowest bass where I can possibly make up for by adding a sub or two?? I know there are probably other slight differences (Or major???) but have no way to audition 3.7's before I decide. I will either make the plunge and take my chances or keep the 2.7's. But thought I would check here first to see if anyone has any first hand experience with the two.
telescope_trade
Let me elaborate on what I meant by the 2.7's sounding "congested". First of all, my comment said it was congested on "complex musical passages". Specifically I'm referring to large scale orchestral music. The resolution of individual instruments in an orchestra is better on the 3.7's. The 3.7's simply handle this kind of material better without sounding strained or congested, probably because its dynamic range performance is superior. But that's what you are paying more for.

I should repeat that I listened to both the 2.7 and 3.7 in the same room with the same electronics, so those variables should be mostly eliminated in comparing the two speakers.

It is possible that there was something wrong with the particular pair of 2.7's I auditioned, but I can only report what my ears heard. I'm guessing that if you really like your 2.7's, then you will absolutely love the 3.7's. I do also agree with one of the comments already made that the 3.7's really need a larger room to "bloom".
@ pops, Hi, I agree, riding off into the sunset is a dream I am trying to full-fill, to reach a realization of a sound is full-filling that there is no need to further spend money and go thru more frustrations is quite peacefull to me, a since of satisfaction!, I am proud of your accomplishments going that direction!
Jakegt3,

I have no doubt that what you heard side by side is true, but I will also guess there was either something wrong with that particular pair of 2.7's or they simply were not broken in all the way. One other thing I remembered about mine at one point early on was that as weird as it may sound, putting the floor spikes on with the lock nut & spikes snugged together and tightened up together, they sounded a bit what I may call congested. But with a small gap between the spike & lock nut,seemed to clear that up. Vibration transfer??

Anyway After 500 hrs of break in (over 600 now and still improving) they are just fantastic and never get confused or congested on anything I listen to. Soundstaging, instrument separation, transparency & dynamics are their strong suits.

I can only imagine the 3.7's being all that & more. That would be what I hope for the the additional cost. But to be sure, the 2.7's are amazing speakers.I hope you get a chance to hear them again somewhere else sometime to see what you think.

To all,

Thanks for the replies I have received so far, but also want to mention a possible direction change I may be considering as an alternative to the 3.7's to see what you may think?? I am thinging of adding a JL Audio F112 sub and just keeping the 2.7's.

Any thoughts on this route?? I want a sub to run full range with my speakers and be fast enough as not to muddy up the fast, taut speed of the 2.7's.

I know the Thiel Smart sub would also probably be a good (and logical) choice, but my dealer has a JL coming so??

What say yee all??

Thanks again!
The JL Audio subs are the best that I know of!, some may say, there is no such thing as best, well, after you listen to a broken-in JL audio sub, and tinker with the controls, you should be quite smitten!