Amplifier power needed by 1.7s

I recently acquired Magnepan 1.7s along with a REL sub.
What tube amp power do they really need to perform well?
Currently I have a MAC MC275 and am acquiring a second to run them as monos. Will this be adequate? Room size is 20x30 with 1.7s about 4 ft. from short wall. I listen about 11 ft. from 1.7s.
128x128wfmayus
I've heard the 1.7 (no sub) with the 90wpc Rogue Cronus Magnum and it sounded very good.
Tpreaves

Thanks for the input. I"m under the impression that the newer MC275s will actually do about 90 wpc. Maybe one will be adequate if 90 wpc will do the job.
I chose the Mac amp because I've found I prefer the warmer side of neutral. It turned out not to be as warm as I expected, but that is an amp issue, not a 1.7 issue
Thats a large room, how loud doyou want to play your music?

Going bridged mono opperation will give you some benifits. Please do not under value acoustical room treatments. That can make a bigger change and improvement in sound quality than simply changing components. I have had 1.7's and they can give you the "you are there" experience if properly integrated into your room. Definately try moving your 1,7's and your listening position (key). Also, try tilting them forward a bit, this made a noticeable improvement in my room with my 20.1's. I also have had a leap forward in my sound quality replacing the stock Mcintosh tubes in my 2301's and c500t preamp with Gold lion tubes. Hope this gives you some ideas....enjoy your Maggies!
Wyred4sound works well on the 1.7s and the price is right for the amount of power (1000 watts @ 4 ohms). The Maggies love all of that power and you won't need the sub.
I think your room size (20x30) stretches the intended volume for 1.7s. The Cronus Magnum IS a great fit for this speaker. The Absolute Sound used that amp to review the Maggie 1.7 and came away all aglow. I told my audiobuddy (who owns 1.7s) about the Rogue Cronus Magnum, he bought one and absolutely loves the pairing.

Since you are listening at 11', the Cronus Magnum may be enough, but you may want to add some subs to flesh out that 4800 cu. ft. space. My audio buddy matched these SVS subs to his 1.7s and likes the combo very much.