Bargain Priced SACD Giant Killer?

I think my SCD-1 is very good and beautifully made, but at the end of the day, I am listening to digital less and less, other than from my PC.

So I am thinking about recycling some of its resale value into a turntable, and building up a WAF file music server.

If I were to sell my SCD-1, is there anything that will give me 75% + of the sound on a budget, albeit without the gorgeous build quality?
cwlondon
Line? Where? CES? When?

You boyz are tooo much! LOL!

With all due respect,
Alex
Clio09:

I've had the TRL/Sony DVP-NS900V for over a month now and concur that it is incredibly musical, dynamic and natural ... in a very analog sense.

I spoke with Brian at TRL today and he said they recieved 9 Sony 900's in the past 2 days and were expecting another 3 by the end of the day. (one each belonging to all 3 exhibitors in the VMPS/Bruce Moore/Xtreme Cable room and one un-named reviewer).

Best wishes,

Jack
Jack wrote :

"It's also noteworthy that all 3 exhibitors in the VMPS/Bruce Moore/Xtreme Cables room already own a TRL/Sony 900, along with another reviewer."

And here is what that SAME Positive Feedback Online reviewer had to say, quote:

"Alex's room was a breath of fresh air...so to speak. I would find my way back there after each foray into the many overly loud, non-musical rooms at CES and The Show. I overheard one well known recording engineer state that Alex's audio system was one of the few...or was it the only audio system at CES that actually had him wanting to listen to the entire song being played. I know the feeling; in most rooms I wanted to get up and leave after a few seconds. It just felt like everyone was trying to out muscle each other with overly loud, boomy bass. Perhaps it was just my ears being overly sensitive...but at this CES there were only a few rooms that I wanted to sit a spell, take my shoes off and enjoy the music being played."

You can also read it here:

http://www.aplhifi.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=2540&highlight=#2540

Regards,
Alex
Why not just take your SCD-1 and have it modified? It seems to me that you will gain more benefit from this than from trying to purchase something else.