Master Clock questions - cable length etc

I am about a year in with the Teac NT-505 streamer that I took a chance on and really liked and seeing as it's not making me itch for a different piece of digital gear which almost always happens I decided to grab the matching CG-10M master clock.  The main question I have is how important is it to have a 50 ohm cable and secondly am I better off stacking the components and having the shortest possible cable length between DAC and Clock or am I alright using the usual 1-2 meter length that is recommended for a digital cable?

I have started out with the Black Cat Silverstar 75 just to get everything running but apparently 50 ohm is correct, 50 ohm BNC cables seem to be fairly common for broadcast use so if that's the best thing to get so be it.

First impression upon hooking the clock up was that it livens up the sound and puts a bit more flesh on the bone which makes all of the various instruments sound more tangible in the room.  I gave the NT-505 great marks from the get go for having excellent/realistic tone and the clock seems to bring that quality out just a bit more.  

I'm not sure that you would say that the clock represents great value as it's almost as much as the streamer cost wise but it definitely makes a difference and the 2 together definitely make for a very pleasing digital presentation.  
audiojedi
Your description of the effect is spot on. I use an Antelope Audiophile 10m clock with a Zodiac Platinum. I run a 1.5m Shunyata Sigma BNC with great result. The cable quality rather than the length matters greatly and the upgrade compared to the cable supplied with the clock was significant. Obviously the cable is silly money, I also run a Nordost Brahma power cable and Acoustic Revive REM-8 on the clock, increasing the steep cost of the clock by more than 50%. It‘s well worth it.
I tried both a 50 ohm and a 75 ohm cable with my CG-10M. I can't really detect any difference. Having said that, I couldn't really tell much if any difference adding the CG-10M. To be blunt, I think the NT-505 is excellent, the Master Clock however I think is a waste of money. I used fairly short cables and have them stacked for whatever that's worth.
Interesting - placebo effect doesn't usually play into the equation with me I either get closer to the music or I don't and that's all there is to it.  I got a great deal on the clock could likely sell it at a profit but it's staying put for sure.

I'm running the Teac into an LFD NCSE and Harbeth 40.2's, I would consider the system to be forgiving but resolving as well.

As always YMMV as mentioned I don't feel that the clock necessarily represents good value but I am appreciating the effect it has.

I have them stacked right now and will likely try a very short 50 ohm BNC cable just to see if there is any improment to be had.
Your speakers are more resolving than mine and perhaps your hearing is better than mine, but if there's any difference at all it's minimal.

The purpose of a Master Clock is to control multiple devices and sync them together, thus all the inputs on the back of the Master Clock. I'd suggest doing some reading about master clocks before spending money on one.

I bought mine based on claims of sonic improvements. I haven't heard any that were noticeable. 

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/does-your-studio-need-digital-master-clock
All modern DACs have an input stage that automatically reclocks incoming data. An external reclocker is not necessary! A waste of money!