What made you put together your first 2nd system?

Did you just have lots of spare equipment and figured why not? Did you have a spare room, hobby room, shop, or office that needed better sound? Did you want to set up separate music and home theater systems? Or digital and vinyl rigs?

What was the final thing that pushed you over the edge?

cat_doorman
First 2nd system came about when we bought a log home in the mountains.  Wanted some music so had an extra CDP and tuner. Bought a new Grommes PHI-26 and used Klipsch Quartets.  No Phone or internet.
Three systems, one in each of the places in my house where I spend a good deal of time, living room, office and garage workshop. All of them are tied together by WiFi so that I can move from place to place without any interruption in what's playing.

I spent a lot of time at a friend’s house and the only music available was from their flat screen’s speaker via cable box.   They thought it was fine. Drove me crazy.  I brought over an extra Cary amp, Marantz DAC, N802s and Cardas cables. Loaded Roon and Tidal on their PC and I could not be happier.

Recently in another thread, oldhvymec gave me the idea to keep my extra cables broken-in on a second system. Well I have one, it is just at a friend’s house.  
I think I have a problem!  To many years collecting and hoarding, I have 3 2nd systems my main system in the basement for serious listening, a system on the main floor for every day listening, a system for the office, and a system at the cabin. I need help.
I've just fired up my 23rd second system. Or as I like to call it, the laptop.