The secret to a great amplifier...

Is a $150 Orange fuse from Synergistic Research. Seriously, extreme boost in sonic performance. Blacker background, larger soundstage... if I wanted to make some bucks, I’d put these is cheap OEM compnents and start letting the accolades and purchasers come calling.

Mind you, I have a high value-oriented $20k system, so it was nice before, but damn!
redwoodaudio
     perkri:" After the 4th, no one will be talking about Orange anymore... "

Hello perkri,
     Ha!  Very clever, but it now looks like there are still millions of votes left to count,  However, you're still my huckleberry.

isochronism:" So ... orange fuse bad?? HA "

Hello isochronism,
     I 'm absolutely certain I'm not fond of orange Presidents.  But I currently lack the required negative knowledge and experience of orange fuses that I, unfortunately, do have with orange Presidents!
     However, I do agree with you, I have no current reasons to doubt redwoodaudio's positive experiences with these orange fuse replacements, either.  
     I also recall other threads touting the benefits of various alternative brand fuse replacements on sound quality in the past, however, that were not completely validated by thread posters that had bought and tried them . I remain agnostic on these prospective fuse upgrades only because I've never actually tried any of them and, therefore, have no firsthand experience, knowledge or relevant advice.
     Of course, I could just buy a couple orange fuses and give them a try.  But I also know if I do, and I perceive no significant sq improvement and can't return them for a refund, that I'd feel like I just bought some snake oil.  
     This is the main issue I want to avoid due to my belief in the latin term 'caveat emptor', which translates to 'buyer beware'.  I also realize I'd be less annoyed by losing the $300 than being swindled on a potential snake oil scheme, possibly orchestrated by redwoodaudio along with the possible assistance of others. This would be far more irritating to me than losing the $300.
     I want to be clear, however, that I'm not actually accusing redwoodaudio of anything at this point.  I believe he still deserves the benefit of the doubt, pending any future evidence to the contrary, that he is being sincere about his praise of the orange fuses and has no ulterior motives.  
     Overall, I've decided to remain agnostic on the potential sound quality benefits of the orange or any other brand of replacement fuses until I can personally verify the claimed sound quality improvements.  While I could easily just buy a couple and give them a try, I'm not going to do it, based on general principles and the knowledge that that's exactly the sentiment or urge that I suspect snake oil purveyors rely on individuals relenting to. 
     You guys all respect firmly adhering to important principles, right?  Just like requiring, insisting and ensuring that all legitimate votes are counted in a Presidential election, even if it takes a bit longer, before declaring the results in a democracy, right?  

Tim
I believe the folks who don't like fuses should not worry about this post.  While you are at it forget about after-stock power cords, interconnects, vibration control devices, speaker cables, etc.  Get some lamp wire from Lowes and connect your system and use the stock power cords that came with your components, doesn't matter. 

glupson
6,527 posts
11-03-2020 8:56pm
millercarbon,
How is life in your galaxy? Troubled, it seems.
Whatever it is, do not hold your breath. You know it feels bad, don't you?

Why do these trolls keep contaminating this site with their bilge ? They have been requested to desist, yet they keep on wanting to show their ignorance

Tweaks that I've liked: 
SR Orange fuses (not subtle) 
Highend Novum PMR resonator (subtle) 
Tweak Geek Stealth passive conditioner (used, subtle) 
DNM cables XLR x 2 + speaker cables(subtle) 

Tweaks that did nothing for me:
BDR cones under preamp and amp
SR FEQ + HFTs (10)

I'm lucky enough to be able to afford to try these things.

At this point, I have two more tweaks on the way:
PPT omega emats 
High Fidelity Cables MC-1 pro