Better digital front end for my DAC

I have a psAudio directstream DAC with the Bridge II.  I have tried using mcontrol, recommended by psAudio and find it frustrating.  It consistently repeats songs and I always have to manually skip to the next song.  In addition, I would like something that provides access to Sirius for more casual listening.

I bought a Sonos and plugged it into my DirectStream and it sounds bright and is not enjoyable.  This is using an optical cable.

Are there other alternatives that provide a better user interface, sound quality and options above what I have tried?
128x128mmporsche
unmodded sonos is jittery so yes it will sound shrill, a classic sign of problematic jitter in the bitstream

if you want to hear the sonos properly and benefit from its simple and foolproof user interface, get this:
https://wyred4sound.com/products/digital-converters/remedy-reclocker

... and a proper 75 ohm coax digital cable, don't use toslink unless it is glass cabled

e j sarmento at wyred has sold many of these, and modded countless other sonos streamers (before introducing the outboard reclocker) for a reason

otherwise just get a bluesound node 2i

third option is pay for roon... there are then many streamers that are roon ready, the software is very nice but you pay over and above the streaming services to use it

(no affiliation - just a happy customer)
@jjss49 thanks for the advice.  I have Roon but want to be able to stream XMsirius.  I guess I thought my fancy DAC was supposed to fix all the issues with low quality digital sources, i.e. Sonos.  I will try one of the Remedy Reclockers and see if this is the answer.  
@mmporsche

well the dac is receiving a digital bitstream signal, so depending on its internal ability to reclock and manage incoming jitter, it can sound good, ok or bad

with the reclocked signal out of the sonos using the little w4s box, you know that the incoming signal is pristine (and also upsampled to 96k) - so that part of it is handled

i have a/b-ed the reclocked sonos against auralic, mytek and innuos streamers costing many times more, cannot hear a difference into various good dacs on hand...

good luck have fun

ps - total sidebar -- what porsches does mmporsche drive? :)
Thanks for the great advice, I just ordered new cables and a reclocker.
I currently have a’98 Carrera S, last year of the air cooled cars.