Acoustic Zen Crescendo

I'm pretty interested in these transmission-line, full-range speakers. Has anyone spent serious time with them? How do they compare to other contenders around $16K?

Unfortunately, I'd have to fly to SoCal for an audition, so I'd like to vet them as thoroughly as possible before committing the time and expense. Press has been very positive but also very limited, and user impressions are scarce on the web.

Thanks in advance,

Bill
wrm57
Thanks for the replies. Given that my mono-blocks use a total of 24 tubes I only have them on for 6-8 hrs a day, I don't even have 75 hrs total.
Today a good friend brought over a ss amp/tuner that I can leave on 24/7, maybe in another 4-6 weeks I'll hear the "magic".
Stay tunes, I'm hoping to report back some amazing impressions.

(Dealer disclaimer)
Wig, I can sign under every word you wrote about them. Crescendos are unbelievably wonderful. After all of these months of living with them I still can't believe I got so lucky to have them. And got them even without listening.

We got the same cablings, BTW ;)
Can the Crescendos pressurize a large room (i.e., 17 x 30 x 9.5)? Do they need boundary reinforcement to do bass or can they perform in free space? I previously owned Daedalus Ulysses in the same room, which are spectacular speakers, but they needed boundary reinforcement to do bass, though I felt they still lacked in this regard in my room.
Ejaynycrrcom I use the Crescendo's in a 16 x 28 x 10.5 room and they are about 8 feet out into the room and they easily pressurize the room, and they are not anywhere broken-in yet!

(Dealer disclaimer)
Shouldn't be a problem, my room is actually 15' x 40' with 6' wide fire place separating the two rooms and they play louder than I care to listen with 86 watts of pure tube power...:)