Youngsters these days.

My 24 year old grandson finished his tour in the service recently and has been staying with us for the past several months. He got himself a good job, to help out and take care of himself, while deciding what to do in the future - back to school, etc.
After he got a few good pay checks, I joking suggested he buy his Pa a new CD player. If looks could kill. "Why would you want a new CD player?" He asked. I told him "just to upgrade the one I have". "No one buys CD players anymore" he exclaimed. "Then what's your Idea of fine Audio, a WalkMan?" I asked. "WOW! There's not even any such thing as a WalkMan any more" he said. To which I replied, "Ya there is, we have a guy on our forum who swears by em". He just rolled his eyes and said "No - Streaming! Using an iPhone or iPad you can get a streaming package and get all the music you want". "Why would I want to do That?" I asked "I have hundreds of great LPs and CDs, that I'm perfectly happy with." To that he replied "OK Boomer".  I guess that meant he knew I was right.
Why is it that youngsters just don't understand the love that some of us old folks have for our old LPs and CDs and we  have no interest in paying for another monthly service, to listen to all the music we already have?
jhills
@oregonpapa 
I can relate to all of that! And Thanks from me as well

@bdp24 
He has a killer computer and gaming system, but the sound system is just a sound bar and ear buds for on the go. OK I guess but nothing like the systems we were interested in at that age and I think I had almost as much $ in the audio of my car as the car was worth.

Jim
I'm kind of like the OP.  I have all this old(er) type equipment as well.  I'm in my 60's and like it all.  It makes me happy and that's what matters.
My wife & I joke about when we kick the bucket our daughter will break out the snow shovel and heave it all in a giant trash dumpster or ten.
Somebody's gonna bust a gut heaving the Krell amp in the trash.  May need a forklift.   I laugh quite often about it.
She's got a lot of work ahead of her.
Ah, baloney! I still like my CDs and having a physical product to hold in my hands and own. With streaming, you don't own, you rent. Maybe I'm a Luddite, but I still like a quality analog FM tuner as well as a 2 channel set up with separate components. 
There kids...

My kids were brought up with me making, fixing or something to do with stereos their whole lifes. It's what they know.
 My son and daughter both are jostling for position in the who gets what, from the Mcintosh, and speaker sheds. She wants all the LPs, 1930-90s 33,45,78. There is a bunch from her grandfather. 4-500 78s. Everyone in perfect shape. Benny Goodman, Jimmy Dorsey, Billie Holiday, every country western singer on the planet...
It's not being streamed because they don't have it too stream. The stuff is that old..
Still quite a few of my old Reel to Reel, masters out there too, or use to be,  STREAM!

Hee hee, I listen to the Music Chanel all the time. When I get real serious
though, I crank up the old Victrola, YUP..Victrola.. Sound Horrible!!
I'll have to "re tip" and polish a stylus or two.

Hay Boomer, a term of endearment, you can't claim it, you have to live it.

NOW turn to the salsa station, and loosen up that brand new
hip replacement.. Hat on the floor..Turn up the volume.  Dance around the hat.. the dog following me.. Cha Cha, Cha, the Merengue, the Lambada,
Dance with the mail lady, dance with the mailman, DANCE.
65 years old and lovin' my retirement every single second...
Cha, Cha, Cha

Regards.